Friday, August 14, 2009

Riding the waves of breath.

I don't know why but it seems lately that more sad or difficult things are happening to people I care about. My sweet friend and yoga pal Wendy is in the hospital after an emergency surgery last Sunday. Her boyfriend called me this morning to tell me about it and to ask for prayers and healing for her too. She still hasn't pulled out of the woods and needs our help. Her name is Wendy Caroline and she is such a kind and loving person with hugs and good wishes for everyone. Please join me again in sharing your loving-kindness and support with my friend Wendy.

I am personally working on balance right now. Balancing the stress of life with the joy of being alive. I balance on the pinnacle of each breath in and out. Inhaling the sweetness of life and exhaling the stuff that is not good for me. Each breath is a ship sailing over the waves. I know I will come home safe and sound into the harbor but every ship has a few storms to get through right? We can all make it into safe harbor as long as we keep afloat, watch the compass, and don't let ourselves be engulfed by the storms of life. Anyway, that's what I'm working on these days.

How do you find your balance during times of difficulty? I'd really like to hear about it.

With love and gratitude that your ship is bobbing along with mine,

Jan

4 comments:

Deanna said...

I find my balance in my faith in God and in nature. When it all gets more than I can handle, I spend time among my gardens, smelling my herbs, looking at the skies and shedding a few well earned tears. It is very healing.

Jan Holt said...

Thank you for sharing Deanna. I find comfort in both nature and my faith as well. I also find comfort in reading your blogs and learning from you.

bodaat said...

Hi Jan,
Unfortunately I'm pretty bad at finding ways to bop along when the waters get choppy. I usually try and do more yoga to be honest and then there is nyquil. That always help. Sorry buddy...I don't have much for ya. It's one of my big learning areas.
Love K

bodaat said...

your post has been on my mind. i realized one of my coping strategies today. i meditate on this phrase "everything happens for a reason". meditating on a phrase really helps me get through things. the one i qouted helps me out universally. the adjunt to it goes a bit like this..."everything happens for a reason even if you can't see the reason right now". it really helps me get through the day when times are tough.