Friday, July 18, 2008

Saluting the sun

Loving sunny So Cal. Sun, swimming, and family fun. A great combination for soaking up this last part of our summer vacation. We've been enjoying the pampering of our relatives here and the laid back lifestyle in San Juan Capistrano.

Been easing my bones back into yoga and even experimented with some aqua yoga in the family pool here. Love the play between buoyancy and balance as I bend and twist in the water. The temperature of the water is so warm that it adds even more pliancy to my bends as well. Ahhhhh....bliss. I'm definitely feeling the difference in my body from gorging on the pastries and treats though. I'm absolutely going to start back on the path of moderation the minute we hit Portland. I'd say earlier but tomorrow we're going to the Orange County State Fair and as the theme is cheese (and onofficially anything humanly possible to fry) I suspect I won't stick to my resolution quite yet! I've never tried a fried oreo cookie before and I don't think I'm capable of saying no.... I'll let you know.

Went to a fortune teller today who read my palm and told me that I'm an old soul with the ability to heal and I have an open third eye. (Stop laughing Simon Menasche!) She told me I'm married to my soul mate (so true) and that I will live a long and healthy life. Hmmmm... nice to hear but maybe not quite worth the $20 my sister-in-law plonked down for the reading. Oh well... I've spent more money to have doctors tell me things that I don't want to hear, so I suspect being told things I do want to hear is good value!

Okay, this is a ridiculously long post so I'll say goodnight and hugs to all of you out there in blogland.

Jan

No comments: