Sunday, July 6, 2008

Catching up with old friends

Izzy and I had lunch and a nice long visit with one of my oldest friends and her husband. Izzy enjoyed walking their dog Chico and playing on the beach while we enjoyed lunch at a cafe right on the water. It was sunny and fairly mild today so the weather was an ally for a change.

Tried a new yoga posture today that was quite a complicated balancing act. I enjoyed trying it but I'm not really sure it's a real bonafide asana or just something new I've cooked up. It was fun to try though. I've also been "kicking at the moon" which is a movement that I've learned here from Lev that encourages loosening of all muscles and relaxing more fully into the ground. Imagine donkey lying on his back in Shreck and then begin flailing about your legs and arms and you get the general idea. Then add in breathwork to make the whole thing work. Even if you don't achieve great enlightenment you'll definitely have a giggle. (or at least your kids will if they get to witness it!)

Had a great chicken schnitzel dinner last night with David's brother's family at their local pub The Swan. Pubs are the best value for money restaurants in Australia. Check out the menu site for prices and selection and then check out this site for another restaurant down the street where we've eaten frequently to get an idea. Poci's Restaurant

Well, that's it for me today. I start kid duty tomorrow with the neighbor's daughter and then a sleepover with cousins coming on Tuesday. If you don't hear from me for a few days it's probably because they've tied me to the Hills Hoist out back!

Hugs and happy days,

Jan

No comments: