Thursday, March 18, 2010

Beauty mate....

Sun, waves, delicacies, family, friends... Need I say more? We're having a wonderful time. I spent yesterday with my dear friend and teacher Yolanda Pettinato learning some new takes on familiar poses. It was pure and soothing to my still jet-lagged soul. I don't think I've managed to stay awake past 8pm yet! Yolanda also made a delicious lunch of fresh fish and veggie stirfry. It's amazing how the simplest meals here just taste that much better because of the high quality of produce and meats. Every single meal we've had so far has left us mmmmmmming and making other sundry yummy noises. Champagne honey chicken paired with delicate tempura snowpeas.... you get the picture.

I've been celebrating my own yoga practice each morning on the back veranda (porch) with gaggles of birds enjoying my endeavors. One of them makes a particularly funny knocking sound accompanied by a caw. It certainly helps to keep me rooted in the moment!

I so hope you are having your own moments of joy and wonder wherever you are.

With love from down-under,

Jan

4 comments:

Rachel @ Suburban Yogini said...

So pleased to here you are enjoying my favourite country :D

Anonymous said...

Lovely to hear you are having a wonderful time Jan. I am so envious - would be wonderful to be there with you. Loads of love to you and yours xxxxx

Deanna said...

Glad to see you posting again and hope you enjoy your time away.

bodaat said...

what a yummy post! good food and yoga in beautiful surroundings - now that's a nice pairing. :)