Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Intergalactic nothingness

So, I've perfected the art of doing nothing. Seriously... nothing. I have a million things I SHOULD be doing but I just can't get out of my somnolent mode. Okay, I'll try to shake myself up a bit and do something blogworthy today. I'm thinking of taking Izzy on a treasure hunt with her metal detector so I'll let you know if anything comes of it.

On another note, I've been following the Qantas saga with horror. This is the airline I've flown faithfully for the last 17 years. The thought of getting back on board without them doing a major repair of not only the fleet but of their management practices makes me very nervous. I will say for the record though, that the pilots and crew on board both my last flight and the one that had the explosion last week, all acted with the greatest professionalism. They are extremely well trained and impressive.

We're in total StarWars mode here as Izzy is addicted and watching all SIX movies in a row this week. May the force be with me to survive it. I like my StarWars in smallish doses. This will either make me a fanatic or phobic. Not sure which.

May the force be with you today too,

Jan

No comments: